CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Recovering couches

My (Sarah's) sister just moved into a new house and is getting rid of some of her old couches. If we want, she will sell us a couch and loveseat set to us for way cheap (around $50 for the pair). Brittney Hanks knows how to recover couches...not just make slipcovers, but really reupholster couches. It's really quite amazing!! Anyway, if we want, we can buy the couches from my sister, buy fabric (Joann's is having a sale right now and has home fabrics for very cheap) and recover the couches for a few Dork nights. Then, we can sell the couches on Craigslist or KSL and keep the money to fund Dork nights!

I think that we can make a lot of money and I personally would love to learn how to recover couches. However, before you say yes, you have to know that it's definitely hard work. It entails taking apart the couch (pulling out all of the staples that are holding the fabric down), cutting new fabric, sewing cushions, and putting the couch back together (using a staple gun to secure fabric).

If we have 5 or more girls, I think it could go pretty fast, and I think we'd have a fun time doing it.

Let me know on the poll on the left if you are interested. I know I probably made it sound way hard and not fun, but I think that we could have a blast doing it, and it's really worth learning!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.